Friday, February 27, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Page's friend Crystal Amthor had twin boys in December. She posted this:
Here are some questions that I am curious to know the answers from all of you. Consider it a "tag" to all of the moms that could answer my questions. If you have a blog, you can post it on your blog like a regular "tag" or answer in the comment section. If you don't have a blog, please feel free to answer in the comments. I know all babies are different, I'm just curious as to where my boys stand and milestones I have to look forward to.
1) Breastfeed, Formula, or both? Breastfed for 6 weeks. It was not an enjoyable experience for me. Hopefully it will be better next time!
2)If you used formula, what kind? Enfamil at first, then switched to Earth's Best Organic, because I'm overly paranoid.
3) Breastfeed...how long? 6 weeks, wish it was longer!
4) What kind of bottles did you use? Started with plain old glass bottles, then switched to Dr. Brown's because Ava would eat faster from them. She is a VERY slow eater.
5) At what age did you introduce rice cereal? 4 months
6) Did you put it in the bottle or just feed it with a spoon? Spoon only, never bottle. I have read and been told that it's not a good idea to put it in the bottle, it leads to overeating.
7) Did it help your child sleep through the night? Ava already slept through the night, so it didn't make much difference.
8) How old was your child when he/she finally slept through the night? 2-3 months
9) What was the times? 8 pm - 7 am
10) How old was your child when you could put her in a Bumbo? 3 months
11) When did he first smile/laugh (not gas related)? at 2 months
12) Did your child have reflux? no
13) Did you have medicine for reflux? Did it help?
14) When did the reflux stop?
Thanks for your answers! I'm sure they will help all of the new mommies.I tag all the moms who read this blog.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Ava was six months old yesterday. If it makes any sense, the past six months have gone by very fast, but it seems like Ava has been here forever! She has grown up and developed so much in the past six months. Right now she is eating 6 oz. of formula 5 times a day. We are eating 7 oz. sometimes, though. She eats food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So far she has had apples, apricots, avacados, pears, prunes, bananas, green beans, blueberries, sweet potatoes, squash, green peas, spinach, mixed garden vegetables, peaches, oatmeal, and rice cereal. She has liked it all! Green beans are probably her least favorite. She takes 1-2 naps a day, but she sleeps at night from about 8:00 pm to 7:30 am. It's awesome! Hopefully blogging about it won't jinx it! She rolls over both ways, but loves to stay on her belly and "fly". She can sit up by herself, but she can't pull herself up into a sitting position yet. She also loves music, shiny things, and lots and lots of attention. She weighs about 20 lbs right now, she's growing more hair, and has no teeth yet. She is such a good sweet baby and we are glad she's ours!