Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Fun Day at Chisum!!

When you are a new teacher at a school, there's lots to learn about the everyday details and procedures of that school. You go to meetings and orientations that try to inform you about everything, but there is always tons of stuff that is left out. Everyone else knows it, so they just assume that you do, too. It can get frustrating for a new teacher. My first year at Chisum Elementary I was lucky to be in the same hallway as Mrs. Forrest, because she always filled me in on the details that others forgot about or just assumed you knew. For example, she's the one who let me know I needed to bring my purse and cell phone with me outside when we had fire drills. After reminding of this for the first two years, I think I finally got it my third year. There were lots of little things like this that she would tell me, and I was very grateful for it. Ava and I visited Chisum this week and Mrs. Forrest decided to teach Ava about one of the little things...cotton candy. At first, Ava wasn't too sure about it, but then she started grabbing the stuff by the handful! Thanks Mrs. Forrest for giving Ava her first cotton candy...we will think of you every time we eat it!!




When we visited Chisum it was Fun Day and the kids got to dunk the 4th and 5th grade teachers. I was dunked for two years. I got out of it last year because I was 8 months pregnant. I did let the kids give me a makeover and decided dunking may have been better. Here are my old teaching partners, Cindy and Crystal, getting dunked.

No comments: