Monday, July 7, 2008

My Pregnancy As of Today

Just to keep everyone updated and let them know what is going on...
So far, everything in my pregnancy is NORMAL.  We are very grateful for that!!!!  I am 36 weeks pregnant, or 9 months.  Full term is considered 10 months, so I still have about a month to go.  I feel fine, really not any different than normal.  My feet hurt sometimes and I get tired if I've been very active, but other than that I feel good.  Micah and I have been trying to walk at night.  It is less humid here so the evenings are really pleasant.  I don't even sweat when we walk.  I haven't been hot, and haven't really swollen very much, though I did some this weekend in Paris.  I have gained about 30 pounds during my pregnancy, which is exactly where I should be at this point in time.  I measure about 36 centimeters, which is also exactly where I should be (you should measure in centimeters how many weeks you are).  So, contrary to popular belief, I'm NOT too big!  I'm NOT carrying twins, and I'm pretty sure it is physically possible for me to carry my baby a few weeks longer!  Check out Page's blog (The Boyd Gang) to see some other things you should not say to a pregnant woman!  I have no symptoms of going into labor anytime soon...no Braxton-Hicks contractions (that I know of), the baby hasn't dropped yet.  Micah was supposed to go to Lubbock next week for a few days and the Dr. said that would be perfectly fine, she's not worried about me going into labor anytime soon.  Things didn't work out and we decided it would probably be best for him not to go anyways.  I will start my weekly visits this week.  I will go see the Dr. this Thursday and I'll post if there is any new news!

Having said all that, we are now taking guesses about when the baby will actually arrive.  Her technical due date is August 4.  This is according to my first sonogram, which is the most accurate prediction of due date.  My second sonogram said July 30, and the third sonogram said August 1.  Research says that only about 5% of women deliver on their actual due date, with the remaining 95% delivering sometime in the two weeks before or after their due date.  My Dr. is very go with the flow, let nature take its course, and typically doesn't even discuss induction until you are about a week overdue.  Now that you have the facts, here are the rules for making a baby due date guess.  Just email me what date you think the baby will arrive.  It's $5 a square (date).  If you want to make more than one guess, you can.  If you win, you get your $5 back.  The rest of the money goes to the baby's college fund...or you can just make a guess and not pay anything...we really don't care!!!  I will try and work up some kind of calendar to post on the blog so everyone can see who is guessing what. 

I will keep you updated and let you know if anything changes!!

Oh, and I'm making a book of people's faces and names for the baby so she can be familiar with those...yes, we are expecting our child to be smart...I heard that the baby's IQ comes from the mother...so, if you want our kid to know you, email us a picture and what you want her to call you.  Some of you we have names for already, so she's gonna learn what we teach her!  Some of you (like my mom) we don't know what you want to be called, so let us know!! 

2 comments:

theruples said...

I want to be called Aunty April. :0) My guess is August 4th for you... the actual due date. Though I thought Jack would be late and he came two weeks early! So, who knows. I hope the last month of pregnancy isn't too hot for you. Make sure you kick your feet up and relax some!

The Jones' said...

Good to hear that you are doing well. I think I will shoot for Grandmoma's b-day since you have no symptoms yet. Of course, neither did I the day before Kailee came at my dr visit. Dr even went on vacation a day early because he said I still had at least 2 more weeks. I think I'll also add July 27 on the list, too. $10 bucks to the kids fund isn't so bad!