Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

From Paris to Abilene

While Andy and Lyneil are enjoying themselves in Paris, France, Micah and I traveled to Paris, Texas a few weekends ago.  It was a fun trip and we got to visit with lots of family and friends.  I didn't have time to see everyone I wanted to, though, so we will have to make another trip to see the friends we haven't yet seen.  On Friday night we ate dinner with Micah's parents and the Fry Grandparents.  Saturday I went to a little 'stangs football game and saw many of my friends from Chisum, who I miss very much.  It was so nice to just talk with them!  At work my teaching partners (Cindy and Crystal) and I would always get lunch from somewhere on Wednesdays.  Now every Wednesday at lunch I keep thinking I should go get lunch!  I've brought Micah lunch and eaten with him at school, but it's just not the same.  Saturday night we ate dinner with all the Zants which was great fun, as always.  Pam and Michael took care of Ava Saturday night during the night so Micah and I could sleep.  I thought I would wake up at Ava's usual feeding times, but I slept all through the night, which was great!  Sunday morning we went to church in Paris and showed Ava off to everyone, then we left and went to Lone Oak for a short visit with my parents.
Last weekend we went to Abilene so Micah could buy some goats for kids at school.  The trip started off great.  I was able to visit Lane and Page and all their girls (3 under the age of 3...Page is amazing-Lane does pretty good, too).  Emma Claire is a cute and happy baby.  She is 3 weeks younger than Ava, and smaller.  Seeing her and Ava together made me realize how much Ava has grown.  Saturday afternoon I got sick...again.  I don't think I have ever had as many health problems as I have had these past six weeks!  Because I was sick, Micah and I got up Sunday morning and headed home.  We stopped at a Care Now place in Ft. Worth and saw a Dr. so I could get some medicine.  I'm feeling much better now, but Sunday was a long day! Because I was sick, I didn't even think to get pictures from this weekend, but Page and her crew are coming to Garland Friday so I will go and get some then!  Here are some pictures Pam took from our weekend in Paris.


Eli and Ava

Aunt Lynda and Ava
Smiling...or gas
Amy and Ava
Eli enjoyed watching Ava and saying "boo" to her.  He wanted her to wake up.
Jorge and Ava
Ashley and Pam with Ava

The quilt that Grandma Fry made.  It has Ava's name, birthday, length and weight stitched on it.
Four generations of Fry's
Hunter and Ashley feeding Ava
Hunter thought he was good at holding Ava because she fell asleep.

Granny Zant and Ava



No comments: