Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Week Check Up

When we started this blog, I was determined that it would not be all about my kid...I would include other things that we were doing and that were going on in our lives as well.  Then we had a kid, and I have found that you don't do anything else and nothing else really goes on in your life except that kid!  It is fun most of the time, but we are both really tired and our house is a disaster and driving me crazy!  It is amazing how two weeks ago this little house was plenty big for Micah and I, and now that Ava is here, we have absolutely no room, there is stuff everywhere, and we are sooooo ready to find another place to live. 

Ava had her two week check up today.  She weighed 7lbs 14 oz, which is 2 oz more than her birthweight, which is where she is supposed to be.  She is right at the 50% for her weight.  She is now 21 inches long, and is in the 75% for her height.  So right now she is a tall, skinny baby.  Don't know where that came from...

I have had some problems still, however.  We spent Saturday night at the ER because I had a 102 fever and found out that I have mastitis and a urinary tract infection.  I got some medicine, and I feel better.  I did have to give Ava some formula and breastmilk from a bottle, which she took very well.  She goes back and forth really good so I'm glad about that.  It has been a very interesting couple of weeks, and we are exhausted...but apparently it gets better!  We have enjoyed it very much and are grateful that Ava is here!  I will try and get pictures up soon.

4 comments:

Beck Boys said...

I am sorry that you have had so much trouble but I am glad that you are handling it all well. I am sure that Ava is doing well. Keep up the good work. You two are doing a great job.

Jorge said...

Why can't you get more pictures up? It's not like you are doing anything but raising up a child in the 21st century. Gosh! That takes like no time at all. Get a nanny if you have to! Hispanic preferred.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

No nanny needed! You just do it girl! Hang in there and I'll come and clean your house for you. Your doing great!

Jorge said...

I have to say this. I know BOTH OF MY SISTER-IN-LAWS WELL. HIRE A HISPANIC LADY TO CLEAN YOUR HOUSE! You know, Jennifer!